Current Version Number: C/PP/25/05/23
Last Updated: 25/05/23
Data Controller and Senior Responsible Officer in CarefulAI Ltd
The current version was updated from version C/PP/1/1/21 to reflect CarefulAI's change in legal status to CarefulAI Ltd
What data we collect from you for the purposes of trade
As a matter of policy we aim to not collect personal data. However if you wish to have contact with us, we may collect data from you that may include:
- Your full name
- Who you are representing in your enquiry
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Nature of Your Enquiry
- Errors you may report, and feedback on our models
You will be provided with a unique reference number if you are to become CarefulAI model or system user.
This will be related to your name, tile, email address or phone number.
Our Legal Basis for processing your data
We use your data because you have consented for us to do so, or because it is necessary to respond to your enquires or control your data.
Why we need your data
We may need your data for the following purposes:
1. to correspond with you on matters of joint interest e.g. you email address
2. prove you have consented to engage us.
3. accurately represent your views summarised in research analysis
4. to improve the products and services we design
5. conduct business with you
6. control the data you have share with us or one of the systems we have developed
What we do with your data
- use it for the purposes for which you agreed to share it with us e.g. building systems that transfer your ideas into products that you may use under licence either freely or at a price.
- share your data if we’re required to do so by law – for example, by a court order, or to prevent fraud or other crimes.
When using your data in reports & presentations, or in the design of products and services, we will anonymise your data so that you are not identifiable.
Your personal data will be stored on our IT systems.
Data will also be shared with organisations that provide our email, document management and storage services.
How long do we keep your data
We will only keep your data for as long as:
- the law requires us to
- we need for the purposes listed above
In practice, we will hold your personal data for a minimum of 24 hours to a maximum of 3 years.
After that time it will be deleted from our systems, and destroyed.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at any stage, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
As a design practice you are asked to store data on your own system, e.g. a mobile phone, and not on a serve we control.
You chose whether or not to share your data via a data sharing agreement. When this happens your personal data may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If this happens, as far as is practicable, we will seek assurances that the your data is given the same level of technical and legal protection as you have within the EEA.
Who we share your data with
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
Analysis of your data may be shared with organisations outside of CarefulAI in the research, design, development or deployment of products.
We may also share your data with Senior Responsible Officers with your explicit consent
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of the data we collect – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
All third parties that process personal data for CarefulAI are required to keep data secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed, and to request a copy of that personal data
- that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay
- that any incomplete personal data is updated - you can include the missing information in your request
- that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it to be processed
- that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances - for example, where accuracy is contested
If you gave your consent for us to collect and process your data, you have the right to:
- withdraw your consent - this can be done at any time
- request a copy of your personal data in our possession - this copy will be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
Questions and complaints
Contact Joseph.firstname.lastname@example.org if you:
- have any questions about anything in this document
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
- want to make a subject access request (SAR)
The contact details for The Data Protection Officer are: Joseph Connor, CarefulAI Ltd, Springboard Technium, NP44 3AW or email@example.com
The Data Protection Officer provides independent advice and monitoring of CarefulAI’s use of personal information.
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, or 0303 123 1113, or firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ZA561343.
Any complaint to the Information Commissioner is without prejudice to your right to seek redress through the courts.
Changes to this notice
We may change this privacy notice. When we make changes to this notice, the ‘last updated’ date at the top of this page will also change. Any changes to this privacy notice will apply to you and your data immediately. If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, CarefulAI will take reasonable steps to make sure you are informed.